Current high school students who would like to meet with an alumnus or alumna in order to learn more about the University of Notre Dame prior to submitting an application or accepting an offer of admission, should contact the Alumni Schools Chairperson and request a meeting.
The University of Notre Dame has a very compelling online introduction to the Notre Dame Student Experience called Home Under the Dome. Prospective students should read through this website prior to meeting with an alumnus/alumna.
Also, there are three exciting summer opportunities for rising high school juniors and seniors offered by the Office of Pre-College Programs at the University of Notre Dame. These programs provide exceptional high school students from around the world the opportunity to experience the life of a Notre Dame college student, from participating in stimulating seminars to residence hall living. Participants walk away with a taste of the college experience, as well as Notre Dame’s unique, multi-faceted approach to the life of the mind, heart, and spirit.
- For rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Application due date: January 29, 2016.
- Program dates: June 25-July 9, 2016.
- $3,400 tuition/room and board. Limited, need-based partial scholarships available.
A unique, two-week opportunity for outstanding high school students to engage in college-level study in a positive, diverse environment, all while experiencing the social and spiritual connections of college life on the Notre Dame campus. Students choose to explore one of 21 rigorous courses offered in academic fields ranging from the liberal and fine arts to the sciences and business.
- For rising high school seniors only.
- Application due date: January 22, 2016.
- Program dates: July 16-27, 2016.
- If accepted into this special 10-day program, student expenses, including transportation, are paid by the University.
A 10-day, all-expenses-paid program for extraordinary students who wish to hone their critical thinking and expressive skills in the company of dynamic peers. Leadership Seminars students engage in vibrant discussions with Notre Dame faculty and other student leaders from around the world, and experience college residential and social life on the Notre Dame campus.
- Limited to 18 students who will be rising high school seniors by the time of the program.
- Application due date: January 15, 2016.
- Program datesL June 4-18, 2016.
- Total program cost is $6,750 (includes transportation from U.S. hub)
12-day seminar in Rome, Italy that introduces students to the history and culture of the Eternal City, with a focus on the built environment. Scholars representing a range of fields, from art history to anthropology, guide students in their exploration of this fascinating city.
Upon successful completion of a Notre Dame Pre-College program, students receive one college credit. Applications and additional information about the high school summer programs offered through the Notre Dame Office of Pre-College programs are available on the Pre-College website or please feel free to contact the office at:
Office of Pre-College Programs
University of Notre Dame
307 Brownson Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556